Laboratory Animal Care Technician
1. Performs cleaning, sanitization, and preparation of caging and accessories by processing dirty and clean animal caging and equipment in a timely manner.
2. Operates equipment including autoclaves, mechanical washers, bedding dispenser, fogger, and Optiquench per department SOP’s.
3. Perform daily maintenance requirements of equipment as per SOP’s and notify supervisor of
any equipment malfunctions.
4. Sanitize all areas of facility per department SOP’s.
5. Maintain quality control records.
6. Observe SOP’s for traffic flow within facility to prevent cross-contamination.
7. Assist with monitoring facility environment, notify supervisor of any problems detected.
8. Receive and store incoming supplies; maintain storage room.
9. Performs basic husbandry functions including daily health observations and cage changing.
10. All duties are to be carried out in accordance with all regulatory bodies (USDA, AAALAC, PHS, etc.) and department SOP’s.
11. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1. Performs, as directed, safety compliance and uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as needed.
2. Participates in Quality Assessment (QA) and Quality Improvement (QI) programs, as
3. Ensures compliance with AAALAC Accreditation of animal facilities.
4. Maintains positive working relationships as a team player through problem solving issues, speaking positively about others, listening attentively and observing the Confidentiality of
5. Increases customer service knowledge, skill and ability by participating in department and institution-wide specific programs.
6. Delivers service that exceeds expectations by problem solving with customers when
appropriate, maintains a clean and safe working environment.
High school diploma (or GED). Must be certified by the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science as an Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician (ALAT) or willing to be certified within one year of hire date.
Must have effective communication skills and good attention to detail. Must have ability to follow written and verbal instructions, work independently as well as with others, display industriousness, conscientiousness and dependability. The ability to be flexible and adjust to changing conditions /requirements is essential.
Prefer one (1) year of animal care experience in an animal lab environment, veterinarian clinic, or other related experience; also prefer certification by the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science as an Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician (ALAT) certification.
Apply online at https:// jobsearch.omrf.org/applicants/